2013 Mountain Madness Enduro Series Rules:
HERE For Printer Friendly
Applies to both 4-Cylinder and 6/8-Cylinder cars
1. Any American or Foreign passenger car (no two-seaters, convertibles, or all wheel drive). Sun roofs and T-roofs must be covered with sheet metal.
2. All components of car must be stock including all engine components. No high performance or racing parts allowed. No turbo chargers or superchargers allowed.
3. All glass, plastic, and other flammable items must be removed. Stock windshield is allowed or may be replaced with screen or lexan, with (3)-1 inch x 1/8 inch (flat stock) support straps with a minimum 4 inch spacing between each support.
4. Doors must be welded, bolted, or chained shut. Bumpers must be chained to prevent loss. Bumpers may not be reinforced.
5. Three point roll bar, or brace welded or bolted from side to side located directly behind driver seat Mandatory. Door bar or Door brace Mandatory.
Door bar may run diagonally to floor-inside drivers door, or Door brace may be bolted securely(½ inch minimum bolts and large washers recommended)-outside of drivers Door, and extend six inches beyond door on each end. Four point roll cage recommended. No roll cage bars allowed to extend through front or rear firewall.
NOTE: Outside door bar/brace should be 1½ inch pipe or 1 inch x 3 inch flat stock steel, and located no higher than the top of the tire, and no lower than the center of wheel hubs. No sharp edges anywhere. All ends must be turned in or capped.
6. Approved helmet, fire suit, neck brace or collar, and gloves are Mandatory. 4 point minimum racing seat belts Mandatory. Window net with operating latch so that net drops down-is Mandatory.
7. Trunks must be empty and clear of debris. No added weight allowed anywhere in car. Hood must be securely fastened with inside hood release disabled. A 12 inch hole must be cut in hood for access in case of fire.
8. Rear wheel drive cars must have front driveshaft hoop-to catch drive shaft from dropping onto racing surface. Driveshaft must be painted white or bright yellow.
9. All cars must have a muffler and a radiator overflow jug.
10. Fuel Tanks
A. Stock tanks may remain in stock location-if forward of rear axle, or if location is approved by tech.
B. Rear fill General Motors type tanks must be moved to trunk area and located as far forward as possible. Fuel cells allowed. Tanks or Fuel cells should be centered in trunk area. Must be secured with minimum (2) straps from front to rear and side to side.
C. Rear hoop to protect Tank or Fuel cell allowed.
11. D.O.T. passenger car tires only with 200 minimum tread wear. Wheels must be OEM stock steel or aluminum.
12. All Enduro events will utilize Transponder scoring. All cars must have a Transponder at all times. Transponders must be properly mounted in a Transponder bracket. Check with speedway office or Tech officials for proper mounting location. Brackets may be purchased through the speedway office at (570)384-3215 or at the speedway on race day. Click Here for Enduro Transponder Mounting
NOTE: Over competitive cars may be restricted by speedway management as deemed necessary. Speedway management reserves the right to allow or disallow any and all parts and modifications. Final translation of these rules will be at the sole discretion of speedway management.
Definition of “stock” will be as follows: AS DELIVERED TO SHOWROOM OR DEALERSHIP IN YEAR MANUFACTURED.
All replacement parts used to service or maintain vehicle must be OEM replacement parts intended to replace OEM parts exactly.